Dear California Enterprise Zone Administrators and Interested Parties:
The Department of Housing and Community Development Enterprise Zone Program has been notified by the Los Angeles Community Development Department that it intends to discontinue accepting applications for hiring tax credit vouchers at its three enterprise zones on August 31, 2014. Management and staff estimate that it will require the remainder of the year to process and issue vouchers for the applications they will have on hand as of that date.
Due to the volume of applications from the three zones, it will be necessary to assign several Third-Party Agents to ensure that applications can continue to be accepted and vouchers issued until the end of the year. Maps and street ranges will be published on the HCD website which will enable applicants to determine which Agent is accepting applications for taxpayers located in the various areas of the zone. For applications from September 1st through the end of the year, Third-Party Agents have been assigned various areas of the three zones, as follows:
1. For the Los Angeles East and Harbor Gateway Communities Zones in their entirety, the Merced County Department of Workforce Development has been designated as Third-Party Agent assigned to accept applications, process and issue Hiring Tax Credit voucher certificates. Their contact information is:
Merced Co. Dept. of Workforce Investment
1880 Wardrobe Avenue
Merced, CA 95341
Contact: David Heyer
F (209) 725-3592
2. For the Hollywood area of the LA Hollywood Zone, the Department has designated The San Joaquin County Economic Development Association as Third-Party Agent who will accept applications and issue Hiring Tax Credit voucher certificates. Their vouchering contact information is:
San Joaquin County Economic Development Association
56 S. Lincoln
Stockton, CA 95203
Contact: Ed Wanket
F (209) 468-3666
3. For the San Fernando Valley area of the LA Hollywood Zone, the Tulare County Economic Development Corporation has been designated as Third-Party Agent. Their vouchering contact information is:
Tulare County EDC
506 N. Kaweah, Suite A
Exeter, CA 93321
Contact: Lori Dunagan
4. For the Central area of the LA Hollywood Zone, RICHMONDWORKS has been designated as Third-Party Agent. Their vouchering contact information is:
330 25th Street Richmond, CA 94801
Contact: Jacqulyn Holley, M.A.
(510) 307-8024 email@example.com
All assignments were made based upon the resources available as described by each of the designated Third-Party Agents to address the anticipated volumes along with an assessment of their readiness to begin operations.
For further information on the Enterprise Zone Program, please contact:
John Nunn, Jr.
Department of Housing and Community Development
State Enterprise Zone Program
2020 W. El Camino Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95833
Additional Third Party Agent assignments will be issued as the need arises.